Friday, October 10, 2008

Glenn Beck...LIVE

Glenn Beck..Darrel Ankarlo and Pat McMahon on the panel Blu, Aidan,Makenna and Todd waiting for the show to begin..
Makenna and Aidan outside the Orpheum
Nikki and Aidan
Orpheum Architecture...fantastic

Makenna
Todd and Nikki
Orpheum inside-the details are incredible
Ankarlo and Beck

Glenn More Orpheum architecture- I cannot get enough of this!
Todd, Nikki, Blu,Makenna, Aidan and I, all went to the "Talk the Vote" show with Glenn Beck downtown at the Orpheum theater. It was educational and entertaining.
The kids now have a better understanding of the political process and views.
As I have posted before, I adore Glenn and I am more than positive that if I had a political show that I would mirror his.
He brought a lot of our shared religous views into his commentary, I can summarize it with one sentence....Everything that we have is from our Heavenly Father. We need to pray and give thanks.
Thank You Glenn!
Now to mention the Orpheum theater... It was built in the early 1900's and I am so grateful that someone had the foresight to restore this lovely old theater rather than tear it down for an ugly highrise.
I have wonderful memories of watching a live Wallace and Ladmo stage show and the memory of yelling at Gerald (whom oddly enough was played by no other than Pat McMahon, who is on stage with Glenn !)
I'm sad that my younger children will never experience anything like the Wallace and Ladmo show. They have National kid's shows but nothing like the magic of local tv.
Anyway, I also saw "The Sound of Music" in this theater when I was a kid and it was spectacular!
Nope, they sure don't make 'em like that anymore. I urge you to visit and look at all the details in the lobby and in the theater, you will step back in time.
They have restored every detail and it's nicely appointed.
We all had a great time and enjoyed walking downtown to Majerles, which is a nice reminder that
Basketball season is upon us! Go Suns!!! I digress.....
Thanks for joining us Nikki and Aidan! It was FUN!!!


3 comments:

Krista said...

Lucky!!!We are big fans of Glenn Beck!

Devin said...

I'm glad I came along in your younger days so we didn't have to sit through that! I definitely prefer Wallace and Ladmo!

The Berry's Patch said...

So that's what Nikki looks like without blue hair. :-)